How about using WebDAV for client access and tail the HTTP accesslog? You could use the Perl File::Tail module and a shell script similar to the one I've posted for monitoring the WitangoEvents log -- and then parse the log line to update your db.

bill
On Saturday, August 27, 2005, at 09:36  PM, Rick Sanders wrote:

Hi Robert,

Thanks for your reply. I'm looking for a web-based file manager that can upload & download files, and connect to a database for tracking the files that were uploaded or downloaded. I don't want to change my FTP server, I'm using IIS.
<image.tiff>
Rick Sanders
President
519-578-5816
www.webenergy-sw.com

----- Original Message -----
From: Robert Garcia
To: witango-talk@witango.com
Sent: Saturday, August 27, 2005 7:47 PM
Subject: Re: Witango-Talk: FTP File Manager

TitanFTP is one of the best FTP servers I have used, and is reasonably priced. It is very secure, offering SFTP and FTPSSL.

It comes with a com object and CL utility with complete API documentation. I wrote my own witango interface to the CL utility using my witango_cmd tool. The com object DOES NOT work in witango.

So with witango, I have setup clients to delegate there own virtual ftp servers, they can add or delete groups and users, and update user parameters.

--

Robert Garcia
President - BigHead Technology