Hey guys and gals,

A very old thread on the mysterious Witango file corruption that has never been resolved is on the forums here if you search for "wierd" in the subject line. It happens to me every year or so. A taf file that has been working normally will suddenly up and crash everytime it is accessed bringing the server down. It has happened to me once since 10/01/03 and several times before that. No reason. No specific taf. Just a simple search gone bad. Others have seen this too. Could be the same thing. The only fix I have been able to find is to rebuild the taf from scratch. Copying the searches and results into a new taf file does not work. It need to be rebuilt from scratch...

The following is the last post on this dated 10/01/03.  Here is an excerpt...

Tango 2000
Win2k
SQL 7
All packs and critical updates

This is a very old thread, but I said I would post it again if it
happened. You will notice that the last time this happened was on
December 17, 2002. It seems to average about once every 6 to 8
months, however, this time it did not happen for almost 10 months. I
tried getting some more info.....

I found the offending taf and had to rewrite it from scratch. It
obviously was corrupt for some reason. I wrote the new taf EXACTLY
like the old. Same if structure, same code, same searches and same db
connects. Works fine now. This is driving me batty.

Can anybody shed some light as to what is going on? Is it possible
for a Application error to actually corrupt a taf file? Anyone else
ever see this happen before?

Next time something like this happens, I will post on this thread
with any insight as to why. It might be a few months.
I have. I've had to start a new application file and drag the entire tree
from the old app to fix it. Beats rewriting.