Title: Re: Witango-Talk: SourceForge project updated: CronTabEdit file posted
Jason Pamental at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

It's been a while since I last posted on the topic, but I just got around to posting the source file for the CronTab Edit app I created on SourceForge.

Just had an opportunity to try it and all I can say is WOW.

Dropped it on the server, entered it’s URL, entered the config password and it shows me the crontab file in a range of fields. I enter a new line, press update and we’re done! Love it.

Only things I might through up in the air are drop downs for the fields with the option of asterix and possible a bit more in the way of explanation or examples of crontab configuration. I know anyone that uses the crontab function quickly learns this stuff, but this functionality opens crontab to a lot more people who would otherwise remain oblivious.

Nice work. I am majorly impressed that there was zero configuration required. It knew what platform I was working on and where the file was. Brilliant.

Wayne Irvine

                  Byte Services Pty Ltd
               http://www.byteserve.com.au/
                  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
   Ph 02 9960 6099   Mob 0409 960 609   Fax 02 9960 6088