Thanks for the suggestion, Bill. Though it doesn't appear that you can use
<@BIND> in a regular SQL statement.

We do use <@BIND> when we are calling an Oracle function or procedure from
a DirectDBMS action, but I can't get it to work in a plain ol' SQL
statement right in the DirectDBMS action. Not to mention the fact that
this would still require us to modify our code base, rather than simply
ensuring that the witango.ini NOSQLENCODING is set to false, automatically
doubling our single quote characters (as the doco says).

Has anyone else using 5.5 found this non-doubling of quotes to be a
problem? Have you simply modified all your insert/update statments to
explicitly set "encoding=sql" on fields that could potentially contain a
hyphen?

Thanks,
Matt

witango-talk@witango.com writes:
>Sorry:
>
>INSERT INTO users ( user_id, user_name, date) VALUES (<@VAR
>name="user_id" scope="local">, <@BIND name="user_name"
>scope="local">, sysdate)
>On Apr 20, 2006, at 10:18 AM, William M Conlon wrote:
>
>> Have you tried (despite some bugs and limitations):
>>>
>> INSERT INTO users ( user_id, user_name, date) VALUES (<@VAR
>> name="user_id" scope="local">, '<@BIND name="user_name"
>> scope="local">', sysdate)
>>

>> On Apr 20, 2006, at 9:23 AM, Matt Muro wrote:
>>
>>> I searched through the forum archives and saw some posts regarding
>>> Witango
>>> 5.5 and SQL encoding in DirectDBMS actions. It sounds like people