Rick, I wasn't picking on you or the label tag. But the "pure HTML" comment
got to me. <grin />

I see code here from various sources flying around without the attributes
quoted (and/or without the attribute value) and mixtures of upper and lower
case tags. Let's not even get into the open tags without a close tag or as
an empty tag and deprecated elements and attributes!

I work in a text editor not a WYSIWYG. But I still take the time to make the
code a little cleaner and more 'new school'. The old browsers may ignore the
"extra" stuff (<br />), but the new browsers may choke without it.

I try to make the HTML (as in standard 4.01) more clean (regardless of using
any XHTML stuff). It's easier to read and find mistakes or to find what the
browser doesn't like.

Just my 3 cents, I've only been HTMLing since Netscape 1.1. :D
Beverly

On 05/12/2006 9:16 AM, "Rick Sanders" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in whole
or in part: