Not sure which option you are asking about:

Include vs DB: There are pros and cons to both. Includes can be transferred
via ftp and are not completely dependant on a web based content mgt system.
That said, includes are a true pain in the ass when it comes to doing a
search. DBs are faster I believe (but am not positive).

Firefox vs netscape vs safari vs IE: for a mac user the browser of coice
should be firefox of course. =) the nice thing about an internal site is
that you can lock down what browser they use and only worry about 1. In
fact, I one client where we check for the browser and if it is the wrong one
then redirecting them to the download page for your browser of choice after
a nice little note.

Tiny mce vs fck edit: oh brother - the great debate. Frankly they are both
frustrating apps that are the best I have found but are still bug ridden. We
went back and forth and ultimately chose tiny mce because it seemed to be
getting a little more support from the community. They pretty much do
exactly the same thing. The trick is to make sure that your clients know
that this is an "experimental" tool and that it does have some problems
which you don't really have the power to fix (or the willpower or desire).
Make sure they understand that this still requires some basic web/html
knowledge - like file path and other common concepts. The other comment I
recommend is to dumb it down and only give them select action and if the
design of the site is important, have you or your designer create a series
of styles to draw from and a limited color pallet. Avoids them creating html
with bright yellow text on a purple background next to a red image. Egads
you would be amazed.

Shane Pearlman
831.345.7033