We also had some difficulty in getting JDBC to work on our Witango app
servers. Here are some steps that got it working, with sticking points
bolded.

1. Setup Oracle's Instant Client (this has the ojdbc14.jar that must be
added to the CLASSPATH)
        The basic instant client rather than the lite version. We used:
instantclient-basic-win32-10.2.0.2-20060508.zip

2. Modify CLASSPATH (add to front of path)

CLASSPATH=C:\instantclient_10_2\ojdbc14.jar;C:\instantclient_10_2

3. Modify PATH (add to front of path)
            PATH= C:\instantclient_10_2

4. Install a Java JRE – Not all JRE’s Virtual Machines (jvm.dll) work for
some reason.
    1.5_10 and _11 do work. We used: jre-1_5_0_11-windows-i586-p.exe

5. Modify witango.ini (don't forget this step)
            JAVAVIRTUALMACHINE=C:\\Program
Files\\Java\\jre1.5.0_11\\bin\\client\\jvm.dll

6. Copy jdbc.ini to Witango’s Configuration directory
           (find example of jdbc.ini below)

6. Reboot so jdbc.ini changes are reread by app server.

7. Verify JVM starts and JDBC is enabled by checking witangoevents.log
file:
            START      INFO     Java Virtual Machine: Attempting to load
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_11\bin\client\jvm.dll
            START      INFO     Java Virtual Machine: Enabled
            START      INFO     JDBC Interface: Enabled

jdbc.ini from Witango app Server configuration directory

<!DOCTYPE JDBCINI SYSTEM "jdbcini.dtd" >
<JDBCINI Version="0x00010000">
            <DataSources>
                        <DataSource ID="ProdDatabase">
                                    <DSN>ProdDatabase</DSN>

<DriverClass>oracle.jdbc.OracleDriver</DriverClass>

<URL>jdbc:oracle:thin:@blah.blah.blah.com:1521:prod</URL>
                                    <Properties />
                        </DataSource>
                        <DataSource ID="TestDatabase">
                                    <DSN>TestDatabase</DSN>

<DriverClass>oracle.jdbc.OracleDriver</DriverClass>

<URL>jdbc:oracle:thin:@blah.blah.blah.com:1521:test</URL>
                                    <Properties />
                        </DataSource>
            </DataSources>