Kent,

I am not where I can grab my witango files but you can get witango to export a nice xls formated record set write it and ftp it.

If someone else does not get sample code to you soon later when I open my Windows machine I can probably grab my taf file that does that or at least the code and send it along.
Dan Stein
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Land: 215-799-0192
Cell: 610-256-2843

On Jul 26, 2007, at 2:31 PM, Kent Swisher wrote:

Two things.

Beverly Voth said:
> Table Occurrences, can be based on related data, so
> you can think of them as "stored procedures" already.

I always looked at FMP4/5 layouts (using Tango Mac, apple events) as similar to table views. The FMP7+ table occurance from sql perspective (using win odbc) is like a table synonym.

Dan Stein said:
> If you are going to use ODBC the best way to handle
> this is to create an empty file and pull in the tables
> from your data file into the empty file TO. That way
> you can just have base tables to act on for ODBC.

Yes, it looks like I will have to go this way. Need to export subset of Filemaker data to excel file and FTP it. Have FTP part via Witango working. Was hoping to use filemaker export to create file since it creates a nice xls spreadsheet that can have custom header and worksheet name. Noticed the file action in filemaker script is not supported via the web so even if I could get the XSLT technique to run, it would not work. Have done the ResultSet to tab delineated file transformation many a time, but never with data set of 6K records/ 1.5MB file size. Are there any other tricks to get into true excel format?

-> Kent