probably not much help, but if that directory is behaving differently
than the others maybe there's a file in that directory which is named
the same as one of your "code" files that you are using to make this
system work.

ie if your code ran a "checkout.bat" file to do it's work, which
resided in some directory, but this specific directory had a
"checkout.bat" inside of it, it could be that the false checkout.bat
file was taking precedence over the real one.