Hi Robert and Beverly,

> I do like the idea of having wysiwyg html in php ide, but it wouldn't
> be used for the bulk of coding, just prototyping.

That about sums it up for me in Visual Studio as well.

> I promote MVC in whatever I work.
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Model-view-controller

I've also been using the MVC methodology for a few years now in all my ASP.NET
projects, in one form or another. Once you have your custom intrinsic objects
setup, you can fly through code writing in Visual Studio very fast. The in-line
Intellisense selection becomes your greatest aid.

Although I often lament the absence in Visual Studio of something like the
Action tree-view the Tango editor has, I have to admit that once you get used
to writing code for MVC it makes it difficult to say where exactly such a
feature as the Action view would fit in Visual Studio (or Eclipse for the
matter).

No doubt having an Action view in a sophisticated IDE like Visual Studio or
Eclipse would be a great learning/teaching aid, I wonder if it wouldn't just
get in the way of the hard-core low-level coders?

Oh well, I guess we may never know...

Scott,