From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of John McGowan
Sent: Friday, March 14, 2008 9:44 AM
To: witango-talk@witango.com
Subject: Re: Witango-Talk: Custom Meta Tags

Yup, I thought that branching was a no-no in TCF's.  In general I
would consider it to be poor programming style.  TCF's should provide
you the functionality you need without the need for branches.

It's interesting that in the witango documentation, the section on
branching talks about "application files" a lot, it briefly mentions
some more limitations with the branch action when used in class files.

Don't get me wrong, It's not like i've not used branching in any
Witango apps I've written.  I've used them extensively with a
particular framework I've got for building apps out of TAF files,
however, I've never put a branch in a TCF.

On 3/13/08, Robert Shubert <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> That is a parsing error, take a look at that branch and correct it. Likely
>  the TCF is being loaded into cache anyway (so you're only seeing the
parsing
>  error once per domain) but you will probably get a crash if you call the
>  malformed method. See what that BranchReturnResults is trying to do and
>  correct the branching situation.
>

>  Robert

method$returnValue=substring(o1.Ord_OrderNumber,1,8) ;

>  The error in line 4 is from the first method in the class file. I am not
>  calling that method.
>
>  Line 7 actually references the proper method and comes up with the proper
>  result in line 10
>
>  This only happens the first time a custom meta tag is requested in a
domain.
>  Subsequent requests work fine. It is interesting that this happens in
each
>  domain. Almost like it works after it has been cached in that domain.
>
>  I also wasn't aware that an object is created each time a custom meta tag
is
>  requested.
>
>  Steve

McGowan
>  Sent: Thursday, March 13, 2008 7:43 AM
>  To: witango-talk@witango.com
>  Subject: Re: Witango-Talk: Custom Meta Tags
>
>  On 3/12/08, Fogelson, Steve <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  > Hi,
>  >
>  > I am working on my first custom tags using a class file. Everything
seems
>  > be working well.
>  >
>  > Except when the Witango service is restarted, the first time a custom
tag
>  is
>  > requested, it errors out.
>
>  What error?
>
>  > It seems to start at the beginning of the class
>  > file instead of at the actual procedure.
>
>  Well if by the "begining of the class file" you mean the "onCreate"
>  method, then that's good.  The object needs to instantiate before
>  methods can be called, so that would make sense.
>
>  > All subsequent custom tag requests work fine.
>  >
>  > Any ideas what is wrong?
>
>  Again, knowing what error you're seeing might help.
>
>  > Steve Fogelson
>  >
>  > http://www.witango.com/developer/maillist.taf
>  >