I'm having trouble with the required and defaultvalue tags in a Custom Tag

The tag is defined as follows. (I excluded the rest of the xml)

<attrdef name="AllowNull" required="FALSE">

  <defaultvalue>false</defaultvalue>

  <attrdefdesc>Allow Null Or Blank Value For Argument</attrdefdesc>

</attrdef>

When the custom tag (contained in a class file) is requested, AllowNull is
initially empty and I get the following results

[If Action] [69] IfNullAllowed ('<@getparam AllowNull>'!='false')

[Assign Action] [69] NullAllowed

I thought that if AllowNull was empty then it should default to "false". The
results seem to indicate otherwise.

Any thoughts?

If required="TRUE", and the attribute is empty, is this supposed to generate
an error? Or what is the response?

Steve Fogelson