EVERYONE PLEASE STOP RESPONDING TO THIS THREAD. ITS DONE.

  _____

From: Robert Garcia [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Sunday, April 20, 2008 3:17 AM
To: witango-talk@witango.com
Subject: Re: Witango-Talk: Posting XML

I know, I know, I shouldn't respond, but this one just pulls me in.

First, when I say HACK, I don't mean STUPID, or LAME, or some other negative
term. I will be the first to say, I have used HACKs many times, especially
working around limitations and/or bugs in witango.

When I say HACK, I mean 2 things.

1. Using something in a way that it was not intended, and therefore, and
update to the witango platform and @URL may cause it to break.

2. Creating a solution that does not adhere to a spec, in this case, the
securepay spec, but just happens to work. An update of the securepay server
could also cause this solution to not work.

My note was a tip, that this type of solution, although it works, is not the
BEST in my experience, because of the above issues. Therefore, I would
always recommend that it was only used to bridge a solution until you were
able to find a more ROBUST one, especially when dealing with ecommerce
payment specs.

Lastly, I told you before I did the work, that I would take 2-3 hours to
test and get @URL working, but it may not work, and you agreed. I don't use
witango anymore, and it doesn't even run on my development system. So I had
to fire up my VMWARE setup for witango for windows to start. Then I looked
at the spec you sent and reviewed it, and reviewed the PHP sample given. I
then used the PHP code in my zend system to build the XML request for a
valid echo and payment transmission. Then I did several tests to verify it
worked.

The fact that the solution was simple was not due to any shortcoming of my
own. My time is valuable, but I offered to help, and I charged you fairly. I
have done this to help several others on this list, and have never had an
issue.

Feel free to NOT request my assistance again. Feel free to ignore my posts,
as I will be ignoring yours, and I probably should have this one. No need to
contact me off list anymore either.

--

Robert Garcia

President - BigHead Technology

VP Application Development - eventpix.com

13653 West Park Dr

Magalia, Ca 95954

ph: 530.645.4040 x222 fax: 530.645.4040

[EMAIL PROTECTED] - [EMAIL PROTECTED]