--
Beverly Voth
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

On Apr 30, 2008, at 8:55 PM, "Janet" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Thank you William
I guess I am stuck because I read that a byte array is used to send data to an Image field. So I was looking for a utility that would convert the image file into a byte file. I found code samples on the web but I was hoping to
find a utility. Mostly I use excel files to load data into MS SQL.
I mean I am clueless when I think about getting the image file into the
table field.
Janet

-----Original Message-----
From: William M Conlon [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, April 30, 2008 8:18 PM
To: witango-talk@witango.com
Subject: Re: Witango-Talk: image files

On Apr 30, 2008, at 4:50 PM, Janet wrote:

Storing image files in a database. MS SQL.
I am just trying to figure this out.
Do I need to convert the image file into a text file first?

Store them as BLOBs.

What is the actual file type needed by the database ( datatype image)

DB doesn't care.  You'll separately need to identify and store the
file type in the DB

If so is there a utility that will do this file conversion?
Or am I completely off track.

Also I got a new computer and am installing Witango 5.5 in VISTA
Ultimate.
SO far the Witango developer is working but I am getting a license
error when I try to hit the Witango server?
I have made myself install notes if anyone wants them.

Janet

Janet Case
10 Oakland Street,
Waterville, ME