fouling up some parts of our Witango java application pretty badly.

In the past, we could add TONS of publications in one big swoop - now we get a java out of memory error with 4 or 5

In the past, we could add 600 authors to a publication - now we cannot add 60 without getting a similar error

We're rustling around, trying to find some method to tweak 10.5 to allocate more memory to Java processes, but we're at our wit's end, trying to get anything useful off the 'Net. We know it isn't likely to be our J2EE application server - I develop using Resin, and we're using Tomcat on our production servers, and BOTH get identical errors.

Any suggestions?