How did you get 200 connections?  The most we get on one Witango server at one
time is 9.

Ted

________________________________

From: Robert Shubert [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, September 15, 2008 12:43 PM
To: witango-talk@witango.com
Subject: RE: Witango-Talk: datasource timeout

A datasourcetimeout of 15-60 minutes is acceptable. All this means is that
during times of no/lower activity unused connections will be closed to free up
resources.

Each ODBC connection consumes memory (about ½ MB I think), today's servers have
no problems juggling 10s or even 100s of them. As I write this there are over
200 connections between my Witango services and my SQL server. The nice thing
is that if Witango needs to ramp-up to 20-30 connections to service some peak
traffic, most of them will timeout during low traffic. Refreshing ODBC
connections can be healthy as well. Especially if you have a problem with your
SQL server or network, Witango will need to kill off all active connections and
make new ones.

For you second question, use @HTTPATTRIBUTE to look for these bots at the top
of your TAFs and send back a handmade 404 error.

Robert