you are going to have to make a JOIN between the 2 tables in the Search builder

On Sep 16, 2008, at 3:12 PM, Tom Ferguson wrote:

But maybe my brain is just frozen...

I have a User Table with different types of users. Some of the users are
bosses and some of the users are workers.

User Table

ID
Name
Type (boss or user)
BossID

The BossID contains the ID of the boss' record.

I have a typical taf built from the search builder.

In the RecordDetail when I'm displaying the Worker's information, I want to display his boss' name instead of his boss' ID. How do I do that. If the
boss' name was in a different table, it would be a snap.

Ben Johansen
http://www.webspinr.com
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Phone: 360-597-3372