Forgive me for being naive....this is good to know. Thanks!

We need to invest in cluster and load balancing for this Witango app :-)

MC.

At 12:39 PM 3/20/2009, you wrote:
MC,

Well, that's a big "it depends"

Let's say you have 1 Witango service configured to handle 20 simultaneous
threads on a single core/cpu server.

Let's also say that your application take 1/10 of a second to execute when
the server is otherwise idle.

Therefore if you have 20 threads actively (simultaneously) processing your
application, each instance will take 2 (20 * .1) seconds to complete (on
average).

Therefore if you send your server more than 1 request every 2 seconds, your
server will not have the resources to keep up and will eventually crash (go
unresponsive most likely)

So what your server can do depends on what your hardware is and what your
application does.

In my setup, I've seen 10,000 people push my server to over 100 requests per
second, but I have quite a bit of hardware, optimizations and experience to
back it up.

Robert