From: WebDude [mailto:webd...@cipromo.com]
Sent: Friday, July 17, 2009 3:06 PM
To: witango-talk@witango.com
Subject: Witango-Talk: Expired Variables and Forms

I have always had a problem with long forms and having user info expire
before the forms were filled. I have done long forms in sections with a
submit for every page. I have done timed javascripts that calls a pop-up
after 25 minutes telling the user to save and continue.  Yada Yada Yada.

I am in the middle of putting together a very long form for a client and
decided to try a different approach. I load a taf into an iframe with height
and width attributes set to 1. The taf doesn't return anything, it's just a
header with a meta-refresh every 25 minutes (1500 seconds).

Now call me dumb, but this works perfectly, as far as I can tell. I've
tested it on many forms, forums, in-house blogs, etc., and I cannot get it
to break. Every refresh refreshes the variables and holds onto all the user
info.

A really simple solution to what I thought was a vexing problem. I just
updated a bunch of stuff by adding the iframe at the bottom of a bunch of
form pages.

I cannot find any drawbacks to this... I hope I am not missing something.