Care to share the TAF? I'd like to see why this might be the case.

Robert

-----Original Message-----
From: Roland Dumas [mailto:radu...@mac.com]
Sent: Sunday, November 15, 2009 5:01 PM
To: witango-t...@witango. com List
Subject: Witango-Talk: the case of the disappearing cookie....

I'm going batty. A simple enough thing: setting a cookie. Whether I do it
with an assign action or an <@assign> tag, the following occurs

a taf with JUST the assignment works. The cookie is set. I can set it,
re-set it, change the expiry. It behaves as expected in a single step taf.

Put that action in a longer taf (dragging the action from the test taf to
the one I'm working on), and the debug shows the cookie assignment. I can
put all kinds of displays in the taf to show that it is alive through the
last return. The cookie isn't set. It behaves like a request scope. As soon
as the taf completes, it's vanished. It never appears in the browser.

So, I put a branch and return action from the taf to the one-action taf that
had successfully set the cookie. No go. It isn't persistent. Another request
scope cookie.

There aren't any <@purge> tags that affect cookie scope and there is no
other cookie assignment in the application that might be conflicting. What
might cause a cookie to expire as soon as the taf completes?

just found one more clue: If an assignment is made within IF/ELSEIF/THEN
logic, it expires at the completion of the taf. If it is made outside of any
conditional actions, it sets. Anyone seen this before?