John,

I've found the Witango cron system to be very capable and solid. I use it
extensively; current it loads over 1200 entries.

In the Witango.log on the service where you are running the cron, you should
see the cron call being made at the set time - 30 minutes past each hour. It
should not be hard to verify that.

The next thing that you need to verify is that the service call indeed
access that URL reliably. You need to make sure that you can call that URL
as the user that you have Witango running as and have it successfully
execute on both services correctly.

Also, immediately after you see the [Cron] entry, one of the two servers
should show the execution of the mailtest.taf application. If you aren't
seeing that 100% of the time, then it is case that the Witango service can't
get the call to the web server(s) or the one of the Witango services.

Also note that the cron does not support cookies and will have a 24
character USR. If you are somehow checking for that, your TAF might be
failing.

Lastly, I would maybe suggest that you edit your testing Taf to do a simple
write/append to a text file, to remove any other possibilities of problems
in the mailtest.taf

Robert

  _____