I've been quiet for quite a few months and someone awhile back put this
far better than I will. This is only my perception and I don't want to
start another flamefest but my view is that they simply have stopped
caring. It's not that they don't get it but it seems they have moved on
to something else. Every once in awhile they will get a licensing fee
and that makes for a nice little bonus. By coming out and saying they
are no longer supporting/improving/maintaining Witango would kill what
little revenue stream they are getting and it's easier just to lead us,
and the developer community as a whole, on. Cynical? Sure. Come up with
a better explanation.

My suggestion is use your contacts in the wider community to get Witango
bought out by a larger company. One like Oracle, Microsoft, Apple,
Hostmonster, Corda, Google or some other company. Yes, yes, horrors. If
Microsoft or Apple bought Witango they might kill it. Don't see how that
would be much different than what we have now. If Oracle bought Witango
it would be interesting. My thought here is that if With was approached
and offered a reasonable price for Witango they'd accept it. The large
companies mentioned above purchase smaller companies all the time.
Imagine if Hostmonster (www.hostmonster.com) or Google developed an
online, web based version of Witango to work with any database for the
creation of forms, reports, database maintenance or any other capability
we all know Witango to excel at. Show these contacts the power of
Witango. Get the interested in at least investigating it. Show them what
you've done and how long it takes to put something together.

We are the community and we like the product. We can try to get it known
to a wider audience for the purpose of being acquired. Yes, it may end
up like the Pervasive purchase but it may not. The status quo is
certainly not tenable.