Yes, there are several ways:

One is to do a redirect with both meta and JS
<META HTTP-EQUIV="REFRESH" CONTENT="1; URL=<@APPFILE>?js=0">
<SCRIPT>
window.location.href = '<@APPFILE>?js=1';
</SCRIPT>

Another is to embed a value within a form
<FORM NAME=local">
<INPUT TYPE="hidden" NAME="js" VALUE="0">
<INPUT TYPE="submit" VALUE="Go!">
</FORM>
<SCRIPT>
document.local.js.value = '1';
</SCRIPT>

Or embed a value within a link
<A HREF="<@APPFILE>?js=0" ONCLICK="window.location.href = '<@APPFILE>?js=1';
return false;">click me</A>

Browses with JS will send back the arg js=1;
and brwosers without JavaScript will send back js=0

These are but only three ways. I can imagine that there are others.
Use the one(s) that make the most sense to you and your app.