Hi,

I tried a CAPTHA but didn't have any luck.  Then I read it is better to
have the person uncheck a checkbox before submitting.

Ted

From: Fogelson, Steve [mailto:stevefogel...@askics.net]
Sent: Tuesday, April 20, 2010 3:20 PM
To: witango-talk@witango.com
Subject: Witango-Talk: Spammers

I had a little misfortune this last weekend. I have a "Recommend It"
program on our commerce sites where someone can recommend the site to
their friends by entering up to 3 email address and a personal comment
and then the program emails accordingly.

You guessed it, I believe someone wrote a crone program to use this to
send out spam. Started on Saturday afternoon and ended when I caught it
Monday morning. Ironically the ip address originates down under in
Australia. They must be familiar with the "taf" extension down there.
LOL

What are you guys doing to prevent this. CAPTCHA? Or some other
strategy?

If it is CAPTCHA, could you recommend where I could obtain a bunch
CAPTCHA images so I can create this step to hopefully keep spammers from
using the program.?

Thanks

Steve Fogelson

Internet Commerce Solutions