From: Ben Johansen [mailto:b...@webspinr.com]
Sent: Thursday, December 09, 2010 8:58 AM
To: Witango-Talk@witango.com
Subject: Re: Witango-Talk: url tag

you probably need to set [MAXRESULTSIZE=size]

default value for this attribute is 64K,

see docs for @URL

On Dec 9, 2010, at 5:35 AM, Ted Wolfley wrote:

Hi,

I am trying to use the url tag to put a rss feed into variable, then parse the
variable with dom tag to extract the elements.

 <@ASSIGN NAME="vxml" VALUE='<@URL
LOCATION="http://feeds.feedburner.com/mnt/healthnews?format=xml";>'
scope="method">

<@ASSIGN NAME="myDom" SCOPE="application" VALUE='<@DOM VALUE="<@VAR vxml
SCOPE=Method>">'>

 The error I get is:

An error occurred while parsing the XML.
The input ended before all started tags were ended. Last tag started was
'description'

 I have used the same code with other websites successfully.

 Seems like there a truncation occurring.  Is there a size limit for the
@assign, the @url  or the @dom tag?

 Using witango 6 (free version) on windows xp with apache.

Ted Wolfley
Lead Internet and Database Programmer
The Ogden Group of Rochester
phone: (585) 321 1060 x23