Hi,

if you use nginx, you may be interested in nginx config for wthttp +
resources + WebSocket + SSL + soft restart.

https://bitbucket.org/starius/tete-a-tete/src/87622a1da65397484fdf7004faa1646aea1a0f4e/nginx/

Prior to nginx 1.3.13, haproxy was used to handle WebSocket before
nginx. WebSocket requests were passed to wthttp and Non-WebSocket ones
were proxied to nginx, which passed them to wthttp. Haproxy was not
sufficient, because it can't handle resources. Moreover, nginx in
default setup does better protection against application level ddos
than haproxy does.

Nowadays, nginx is all what is needed for wthttp with WebSocket.

-
Best regards,
Boris Nagaev