> the advantage is that you can compile and deploy the Module separately,
> thus I do not need to restart the service and lose users who are online,
> my goal would be to make a program that is just a stub that never changes,
> and accesses everything via a library and plugins,

If your dummy program loads everything from plug-ins, then the problem
with loosing online users is moved from application level to plug-in.
In other words, session created with old version of plug-in, will not
magically upgraded when you load new version of plug-in. The most
thing you can achieve in this way is fixing small bugs. For example,
there is a tool called ksplice to fix bugs in Linux kernel without
restart.

PS. See my nginx config and explanation on how to perform soft
restart. Old session keep using old version of an application, new
sessions use new one.
https://bitbucket.org/starius/tete-a-tete/src/87622a1da65397484fdf7004faa1646aea1a0f4e/nginx/

-
Best regards,