I think it's currently ill-defined, and we should solve that. Can you
submit a bug report? The environment creates locale with a dash (-), while
on Unix locales are typically written with an underscore (_). Wt seems to
mix both. Currently the name of a  locale is not really used afaik, so at
the moment I don't think it matters.

Wrt the GB vs UK, you're right, I corrected the example.

Best regards,
Wim.