It's more a chicken-and-egg problem: we don't know the version of boost on
the system before we searched for boost, but on the other had we have to
specify the libraries to search at the moment that we call
FindPackage(boost), when we don't know the boost version yet. This is
indeed not optimal. You can simply remove boost_signals from the list of
libraries to be searched (in cmake/WtFindBoost-cmake.txt, in variable
Boost_COMPONENTS).

BR,
Wim.