You indicated a problem running light but the error message includes "CNDL" which indicates an error in candle.  What version of wix are you using?  If possible, we'd like to see the output from candle /? and also the full text of your wxs file as an attached file to verify there aren't other issues with it.  From what you posted below, there is no obvious error.

Derek

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Aaron Feng
Sent: Monday, June 05, 2006 6:00 AM
To: wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [WiX-users] UIRef WiXUI_Common Problem

For some reason, the problem went away when I copied everything into one directory.

Aaron

On 6/3/06, Aaron Feng < [EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I'm following lesson 2 (User Interface) on the WiX tutorial, and I noticed the tutorial seemed to be out of date because some of the examples did not seems to work correctly.  I poked around and finally got almost everything to work except for the Bitmaps are not showing up in my msi.  The reason it is not showing up is because I had to comment out  <UIRef Id="WixUI_Common" /> in WixUI_Mondo.wxs.  If I don't comment it out, I get an error when I run light.  The error is listed below:

error CNDL0132 : Schema validation failed with the following error: The element 'Fragment' has invalid content.

My WixUI_Monodo.wxs looks like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<Wix xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/wix/2003/01/wi">
  <Fragment>

    <UI Id="WixUI_Mondo">
      <!--
         omitted all the stuff here, I used the WixUI_Monodo.wxs file from the tutorial
       -->
    </UI>

    <UIRef Id="WixUI_Common" />

  </Fragment>
</Wix>

Here is what I did to create the WixUI_Mondo.wixlib with the custom UI.

candle.exe wixui\mondo\WixUI_Mondo.wxs wixui\*.wxs
lit.exe -out WixUI_Mondo.wixlib *.wixobj

I'm using the latest stable version of WiX.  This is really weird because I think <UIRef Id="WixUI_Common" /> is in the right place.  Like I said before, I can get the custom UI to work if I removed the <UIRef Id="WixUI_Common" />, but I don't get the Bitmaps.

Thanx in advance,

Aaron
http://aaronfeng.blogspot.com/