In a previous message I talked about Dark not extracting the Package ID from MSM's.

Try this: ( Using Dark 3.0.1703.0 ) and Orca 3.0.3709.371

Create a New MSI database using ORCA and look at the Summary Information Stream to validate that it was a ProductCode. Save the database as an MSM.

Execute:

dark test.msm test.xml -v2

Note that there are no errors, just a message saying that it's decompiling the _SummaryInformation table.

Look at test.xml and observce that the Module Package ID attribute is <??????-??????? ectera >

If you try to candle the XML you'll get an error saying that the Module/@Guid attribute was not found.

This is just a quick example. I have dozens of MSM's that have all of their correct attributes and pass validation but dark/candle simply won't work on them.