________________________________

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Foster,
Richard - PAL
Sent: Tuesday, June 27, 2006 8:58 AM
To: wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [WiX-users] Getting current shared application data folder

Greetings all,

I'm sure this question has been asked many times... but I can't find it
in the archives so I guess I'm searching for the wrong thing.

The application we are installing references a database (MDB) file.

It is required that the user has the option to install a preconfigured
sample database.

Because the database is both read, and written, and is shared across all
users on the machine, it seems appropriate that the file be installed to
a sensible location. According to the "Designed for Windows XP" spec,
the location in question should be determined using a request to
SHGetFolderPath specifying CSIDL_COMMON_APPDATA, then appending the
correct company and product folders. How do I make the call to
SHGetFolderPath in WiX? (Presumably it's a custom action somewhere, but
an example would be appreciated!)

On a related note, is there any way to ensure that the folder in
question is writeable by all users, or is that automatically the case
(unless overridden by an administrator).

Regards,
Richard