I haven’t looked at Wix Version 3 yet. I guess I was put off by the (unstable) after it. The reason I switched to Wix was for a more predictable installation experience than InstallShield. Is the schema compatible with version 2? I am a few days away from a launch so I might have to put it off for a little while.

But thanks for the information about deferring the CustomAction. I will give that a try. I think I need to read up a bit more about deferred CustomActions because I think I recall that there were some other considerations with regard to properties and sequencing. Thanks again.

Josh

From: Bob Arnson [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, July 04, 2006 7:07 PM
To: Josh Einstein
Cc: wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [WiX-users] CustomAction failing on Vista

Josh Einstein wrote:

I am using a CustomAction to launch ngen at the end of my installation but it’s not working correctly in Vista with UAC. If I invoke the command manually from the command prompt as the logged in user, it fails because ngen requires the admin token. So I don’t get any elevation prompts even if I run it manually. Is there a way to specify that the CustomAction needs to be elevated? I’ve tried impersonate=no but it doesn’t seem to help.

CAs need to be both deferred (@Execute="deferred") and non-impersonated (@Impersonate="no") to get the elevation prompt.

Could you switch to WiX v3? It has NGen support.

--
sig://boB
http://bobs.org