Never mind,

            I found the problem. The Target attribute must be a pointer to a property such as Target=”[SOMECMD]”. The property is the actual command.I remember trying it before, but for some reason, it failed …

Best regards,

            Calin

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Calin Iaru
Sent: Wednesday, August 02, 2006 11:34 PM
To: wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [WiX-users] Shortcut tag does not create a shortcut always

Hi List,

            If I use <Shortcut Target=”[!INSTALLDIR]” …/> then everything goes fine. I would like to create a shortcut called Command Shell to point to the installation directory. For some reason, this code fails and there are no log entries referring to it.

          <Shortcut Id="_shCommPrompt" Description="Opens command shell to Company Install directory" Directory="CompanyMenuFolder" Name="Command Shell" Target="c:\windows\system32\cmd.exe [!INSTALLDIR]"/>

            I would appreciate your assistance with this problem.

            Best regards,

                        Calin