It's good, but how to catch "file in use" moment (before any file copy
operation) to show dialog  ?

Maybe somehow that :

<InstallExecuteSequence>
        <Custom Action="MyFileInUseCheck" Before="InstallFiles" />
</InstallExecuteSequence>

MyFileInUseCheck is custom action, that check file and show FilesInUse
dialog, when file locked.

It will work ?

--
Alexander Biryukov