Hi Again,

I am now trying to using the MDAC27ENU.MSM in my wix-3.0 project.

Again, this msm was obtained from the InstallShield (or MS) website.

When I run light, I receive the following warnings and errors:

Microsoft (R) Windows Installer Xml Linker version 3.0.2015.0
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation 2003. All rights reserved.

.wxs(28) : warning LGHT1056 : The Directory table contains a row with
primary key(s) 'DesktopFolder' which cannot be merged from the merge
module 'C:\Merge Modules\mdac27enu.MSM'.  This is likely due to
collision of rows with the same primary key(s) (but other different
values in other columns) between the database and the merge module.

.wxs(28) : warning LGHT1056 : The Directory table contains a row with
primary key(s) 'ProgramFilesFolder' which cannot be merged from the
merge module 'C:\Merge Modules\mdac27enu.MSM'.  This is likely due to
collision of rows with the same primary key(s) (but other different
values in other columns) between the database and the merge module.

.wxs(28) : warning LGHT1056 : The Directory table contains a row with
primary key(s) 'SystemFolder' which cannot be merged from the merge
module 'C:\Merge Modules\mdac27enu.MSM'.  This is likely due to
collision of rows with the same primary key(s) (but other different
values in other columns) between the database and the merge module.

light.exe : error LGHT0204 : ICE99: The directory name:
PrimaryVolumePath is the same as one of the MSI Public Properties and
can cause unforeseen side effects.

light.exe : error LGHT0204 : ICE99: The directory name: WindowsVolume is
the same as one of the MSI Public Properties and can cause unforeseen
side effects.

If I don't include this particular merge module, I don't receive any
warnings or errors.

I understand I can ignore the warnings, however how do I overcome the
errors?

Cheers,

David.