As of last week's release, .tlb files didn't work either....although I didn't verify that it was already registered prior to harvesting, as I believe that's a pre-req?

On 8/30/06, Derek Cicerone <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hehe, alright, I just fixed it.  This should be in the next WiX 3.0 release.

Derek

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] On Behalf Of Ali-Akber Saifee
Sent: Wednesday, August 30, 2006 2:00 AM
To: wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [WiX-users] using heat to harvest COM objects that do not have the '.dll' extension.

Some of my installation components use DirectShow filters... (*.ax files).. when i try to harvest them with heat the class information + registry information is not extracted. I suspect this is due to a wildcard filter which is not classifying .ax files as possible candidates for COM objects...

i tried simply renaming the file to a .dll and it is harvested properly then..  .ocx files are also ok.

rgrds./Ali

-Brad