I believe that this is expected behavior for MSI.  Conditional features are evaluated during the CostFinalize standard action, which must be executed BEFORE the UI is displayed.  This allows for conditional feature installation based on properties that are setup prior to the UI running - such as OS and stuff.

In the past, I've used a custom action (Delphi written) during the UI sequence to handle all the property logic, then make a series of MsiSetFeatureState() calls to setup the features in the way that I wanted.  There might be a way to do this normal MSI actions, but I couldn't find anything in a quick search.

"Peter G. Sakhno" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I'm trying to install feature depending on condition. I wrote following
code:

NOT (CONDITION_PROPERTY="F1")

NOT (CONDITION_PROPERTY="F2")

During installation I have a dialog that sets CONDITION_PROPERTY with
one of the available value (NF, F1 or F2), say it sets to "F1". And it
does set! I saw it in log of installation, but desired feature is not
installed! Why?

And another question...
I tried to use '<>' as 'not equal' comparative operator in condition
text, but it lead to fatal error CNDL0031... So how to author "not
equal"? May be I use wrong code construction in my conditions above?
--
Best regards,
Peter G. Sakhno