Title: Bit of a twist

Hi, been fooling around with the IIS extension a couple of days.
I found out that I needed to be able to give the user a choose of Website to install to, just so no typing error can occur.

As I did not find any extensions that can be used to read the state of the IIS server, I need to find another solution.

I don't want to be stuck calling a script because it will make the code messy and maintenance much harder.

That is why I started thinking about custom actions and exposing a dll with the relevant methods (a bit of work and maintenance falls on me)

Does anybody know if there already exist a solution I can use, i.e. Windows Installer extension. Visual Studio embeds a custom dll call to read the IIS state, so there must be something like that I can use?

(probably need to figure how to copy a appPool by existing template later so finding ways to read state is a must, just don't want to depend on user input).

Any help is welcome

Regards
Morten