C# express doesn’t support the same add-in model as the paid versions of VS.  I’m pretty sure that Votive will not work on C# express.

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Ali-Akber Saifee
Sent: Tuesday, September 12, 2006 9:56 AM
To: wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [WiX-users] re : votive with visual c# 2005 express edition

Since votive is dropping support for vs2003 - i installed vc# 2005 express  edition and intellisense (or any of the other votive glue...).

Is there any chance that this will be supported..?
I plopped the schema files into C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\Xml\Schemas and intellisense came through to vc# perfectly...

thanks.
./Ali