WIX Version: 2.0.4415.0

Problem Summary: How to set permissions on a directory that already exists (not a component directory).

My WiX Level:  Beginner

I’m trying to figure out how I would set the user permissions for a directory.  More specifically, my application would be installed in the “Program Files” directory.  My installer needs to set the permissions of the root of the D: drive (not really hard coded).  The “Permissions” element must be a child of CreateFolder, File, FileShare, Registry or ServiceInstall.

I am not creating the folder; I am not setting permissions on a file; I am not creating a file share where my component is installed’ and I’m not creating a service.

How do I do this?

Doug Watts