I don’t think that the build system we use is analogous to either of those.  However, for the visual studio build, you could probably make msbuild set that environment variable, in the project file for the project you’re building.  Then, when candle and light are called, the variable will be set.  That should also take care of your TFS build.  I’m not certain about the TFS build, though, since I haven’t ever used that.

From: Ed Abshire [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, September 25, 2006 1:04 PM
To: Cullen Waters; wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: RE: [WiX-users] WiX3.0 - Incorporating release path into File Source attribute using Visual Studio 2005

So out of curiosity, where did you set that in your build process?

I have two scenarios:

1) Desktop builds using the Visual Studio IDE

2) Team Foundation Server using MSBuild

For scenario one, I was thinking in the compiler properties of the WiX Project, where it allows you to set a name=property

In the TFS build, I'm not so sure.

Thanks for the help, I've never been real strong on understanding the mechanics behind where/when properties on builds are set, kinda new to this.

-Ed