Hi there,

I have a problem, I need to specify the same Registry value, but the
value has to be different in the separate Features, this - however,
generates a error when trying to compile the project.

I Have Feature A and B.
Feature A is always installed, as a "core" component, and feature B gets
added if a registry value is set to a specific value, of the user
chooses it during installation.

Feature A set a value:

   <Registry Root="HKLM" Key="SOFTWARE\Company\module\param">
      <Registry Name="SomeValue" Value="10" Type="string" />
    </Registry>

Feature B, changes this (default) value:

   <Registry Root="HKLM" Key="SOFTWARE\Company\module\param">
      <Registry Name="SomeValue" Value="30" Type="string" />
    </Registry>

Any ideas on how to resolve this is appreciated, could it be handled by
putting the registry in a component, that has a condition? Would this
work?
I don't want to generate a .mst or have a different installer that sets
this on top of the main installation.

Regards,
Tobias Bengtsson