My first thought would be to create a third feature, which the user has to install, which then does the modification of machine.config.

Then, you could put your xml modification in a new component, which gets installed with the ‘must install’ feature.

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Douglas Watts
Sent: Monday, October 09, 2006 10:57 AM
To: wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [WiX-users] Modifying Machine.Config Under 2 Different Features

WIX Version: 2.0.4415.0

My installer will install two different products (companion products).  While the user would normally install one on one machine and the other on another machine, they could install both on the same machine.  I need to modify the MACHINE.CONFIG regardless of which feature gets installed.

I am assuming that I will have a component that will use WiX’s XML support to make the modifications.  What is the best way to structure this so that the component gets installed regardless of which feature the user selects?  They may select both features.  Also, each feature is marked ConfigurableDirectory which means that they could be different directory trees.

Doug Watts