Title: QuietExec error
Everything's fine for me (I'm using 3.0.2218.0)

Try uninstalling, making sure there's no Windows Installer XML v3 directory (delete it if it still exists) then reinstall again.

Anthony

From: Rob MacFadyen
Sent: Tuesday, October 24, 2006 10:05 AM
To: wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [WiX-users] Votive3... uhm... am I missing something?

Hey all,

Anyone using Votive3? I uninstalled my previous build, downloaded and installed the new build... and it looks like Visual Studio is still using the old build (I did follow the instructions... no visual studio running, installed the project aggregator first).

I say this for several reasons:

1) Several bugs reportedly fixed just aren't. Specifically the inability to add new items/add existing items to the project... right click on project, select "Add new item..." or "Add existing item..." or "Add new folder..." does not do _anything_ at all.

2) The new project dialog does not match the screenshot at http://wix.sourceforge.net/votive.html (I see "Wix Project" and "Wix Module Project" only... and with the "wrong" icons... no "Wix Merge Module Project" or "Wix Library Project" entries).

3) Can't locate any property pages like the screen shot at http://wix.sourceforge.net/votive.html

So... does anyone have the goods on how to diagnose a visual studio addin installation problem?

Regards,

Rob