From: Justin Rockwood [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, November 07, 2006 6:58 AM
To: 'Bob Arnson'; Friedrich, Oliver
Cc: wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: [WiX-users] preprocessor variable $(var.Build)

The variable $(Configuration) is set by most MSBuild scripts automatically (C#, VB, VJ#, WiX, etc.). Also, $(ConfigurationName) is usually set as well, but I’d probably go with $(Configuration). You won’t be able to know what the configuration is outside of MSBuild, but assuming that you’re using C# or VB.NET, then you should already have this defined for you by the time you call your Pre-build event.

If you’re using Votive (and therefore wix.targets), then you also get $(Configuration) defined for you. I’m not sure if $(ConfigurationName) is defined. If not, it’s a bug.

Justin