I have a third party product with an msi based installer that I need to
install
alongside my own stuff.

Simply launching msiexec from a custom action does not seem to work as
msiexec will complain that another installer (presumably my own) is already
running.

Decompiling the third party installer with dark fails (dark from v3 simply
gives
up after a while, dark from v2 produces something that fails to compile
again
even with Wix v2 (and I am trying to use v3 anyway).

The installation of the third party product should be as transparent as
possible
to the user...

Andre'