I can actually try to install the child device driver before the bus
driver.

Is there a way to specify the sequence of file installations? In this
case, it would be an advantage to have a component installed before
another component.

Best regards,
   Calin

Hello,

     I am working on a Setup Wizard made with Windows Installer on XML
and DIFxApp ver 2.01. The setup can install 2 driver packages, where one
of the drivers is a bus driver, and the second one is a regular device
driver for a child device. It seems that from time to time, a "New
Hardware Wizard" will pop up after installing the bus driver. I would
like to prevent that from happening as it requires more user input. I
have tried to:
     - place the drivers in the same install directory; this fails
because DIFxApp allows only one inf file to be placed into that
temporary folder
     - place the drivers into separate directories; "New Hardware Wizard"
still appears
     - use SetupCopyOEMInf from a Custom Action executed before the
driver is installed; it seems that SetupCopyOEMInf is called too soon
and the source does not exist. If possible, please tell me before or
after which Custom Action should it be called.
     - use CopyInf inside the bus driver. The operation fails if the
child device driver's inf file is not on the same directory (because the
INF path is not known).

     I appreciate your assistance.

Best regards,
     Calin