AFAIK, the Windows Installer doesn't support creating services like that.

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Byron Changuion
Sent: Tuesday, November 07, 2006 15:25
To: wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [WiX-users] How do I install a Win32 service that uses SvcHost.exe?

Hi,

I have a Win32 service that should be installed with my MSI.  The typical WIX
entry for a service would look something like:

<Component Id='MyDemoComponents' Guid='11111111-1111-1111-1111-111111111111'>
    <File Id="MyServiceDll" Name='MySvcDll.dll' LongName='MyService.dll'
DiskId='1' src='$(env.MySourceDir)\MyService.dll' Vital='yes'/>
    <ServiceInstall Id="MyServiceInstall"
                    Name="MyService"
                    DisplayName="My Service Name"
                    Description="My Service Description"
                    Type="ownProcess"
                    Interactive="no"
                    Start="auto"
                    Vital="yes"
                    ErrorControl="normal">
    </ServiceInstall>
</Component>

However, this produces an ImagePath service entry that references
MyService.Dll, whereas I need to specify something like
"%SystemRoot%\system32\svchost.exe -k MySvcHostGroup".

Cheers,
-Byron.