Hi all,

    my MSI setup needs some custm actions that should modify a Static
text control after pressing a Configure button. I have found a
workaround for this problem by creating many such text controls on the
same client area and position  and having one visible. When the
Configure button is pressed, the text control is hidden and another one
is shown. I would like to know if there are other ways to update a
static text control from within the custom action. Ideally, I should get
the visible window using GetForegroundWindow() and EnumChildWindows,
then use that handle in a call to SetWindowText or SendMessage(..,
WM_SETTEXT, ..); these approaches does not work.

    From what I read on the MSI documentation, the controls respond to
events triggered by the system which are mapped into the EventMapping
table or ActionText.

    Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Best regards,
    Calin